Las Vegas woman arrested after being the prime suspect in the beheading of her boyfriend

LAS VEGAS, NV – The Daily Mail reported that a woman from Las Vegas is being accused of “chopping her boyfriend’s head off” after he allegedly tried to force her into a sexual act.

The woman, identified as 45-year-old Devyn Michaels was arrested on August 15th after the mother of her boyfriend discovered his headless body in his bed.

A week prior, on August 7th, responding officers found the body of 46-year-old Jonathan Willette, which they said smelled of bleach and ammonia. The victim’s head had been severed from his body and was not in the same room.

Officers also believed that the chemicals used were causing smoke to come from where the head was missing. An investigation was launched and that is when Michaels was brought in for questioning.

When officers spoke to the victim’s mother, she told them that the last time she saw her son was the previous night around 10:00 p.m. with his girlfriend, Michaels.

Around 1:00 a.m., Willette’s mother came downstairs and spoke with Michaels, who was in the kitchen washing dishes. Michaels reportedly told the mother that her son was drunk and in bed. She added that they would be leaving early in the morning to register their kids for school.

According to authorities, she initially denied the killing and claimed that she left his home the night of his death. She then later admitted to striking him on the head with a wooden stick after repeatedly refusing his sexual advances. When interviewed, she allegedly said that she only wanted to “hospitalize him.”

Michaels also told police that she did not live with Willette, but that they were in the process of moving in together to make it easier on the kids. She also said that the move was “complicated” because Michaels, apparently an ex of Willette, was married to someone else and lived with Willette’s son. Willette's son, who has not been named, was apparently not on good terms with his father and was not happy at the possibility of having to move out of the house so that his father could move in.

The report showed that Michaels said she did not have an intimate relationship with Willette or his son and that she was only married due to medical reasons.

During the initial interview with police, Michaels reportedly said that she left Willette’s home after speaking with his mother in the kitchen. However, detectives found Willette’s wallet, keys, social security card and his phone with blood on them in Michael’s home.

After that, a polygraph test was conducted. The police report said that during the test it was determined that Michael’s had a “significant reaction” to a question asking if she participated in his death.

When questioned further about her reaction to that, Michaels told detectives that Willette was abusive towards her and would have his oldest child take showers in front of him.

She said that on the night of his death, the two were sitting on a bed and Willette tried to get her to perform a sexual act on him. She said that while he was lying face down rubbing her back, she grabbed a wooden stick and hit him in the back of his head, causing his arms to go limp.

A woman listed as engaged to Willette on Facebook shared a tribute to him, saying that her “body feels like it’s been ripped to shreds.” 

“I am grateful to John for the last five years." she wrote. "He was too good for this world. He did his best to create a happy world. And enjoyed baking.”

As of this writing, Michaels has not admitted to decapitating Willette and detectives have not specified whether his head has been located. It remains and ongoing investigation.
For corrections or revisions, click here.
The opinions reflected in this article are not necessarily the opinions of LET
Sign in to comment


Powered by StructureCMS™ Comments

Get latest news delivered daily!

We will send you breaking news right to your inbox

© 2023 Law Enforcement Today, Privacy Policy